Re: wget not in minimal install - solved.

MrKiwi wrote:
Hi All,

I used to always do a minimal install with v4.4, and wget (and other tools) was included. With v5 if i untick *everything* in the installation (incl "base") so that i can install from 1 cd, wget is not included. I couldn't make sense of any of the xml or xml.gz files on the installation cd. (/dev/cdrom/repodata/*), although they do mention wget as 'default' rather than 'mandatory' in one of the files. Which option should i tick to get wget? or should i just use a kickstart install and throw
yum -y install wget dos2unix
in the postinstall section?

Sorry - i missed the wget and dos2unix in the options of 'base' - need my eyes tested :(

As a follow up question - would both these tools be in the 1-cd-server-install iso when it gets built?

MrKiwi