Re: Re: No grahical install on notebook with Centos 5, did work with Centos 4

Scott Silva wrote:
Ralph Angenendt spake the following on 5/2/2007 10:35 AM:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Working to put Centos 5 on my old Toshiba Portege 3490ct (256Mb memory). PCMCIA CDrom and Lan card.

After recognizing the video card I get the message about no graphical install available. Putting on and external monitor does not change this.
Let me quote the Release Notes:

  o The anaconda installer needs at least 128MB of memory to work, and
    will only use text mode if the system has less than 256MB of RAM.

I guess that this is "includig 256MB".

Ralph
The installer could be reading your system as less than 256 MB of ram. Does it
have shared memory for the video?
Oh, yeah. I seem to recall that being the case.

I know that 256Mb works for graphical install, as I did it on a Compaq SFF.

I will go into the bios and see if I can disable the shared memory enough for the install.