Re: Saving Gnome Sessions in CentOS 5.0 x86

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 12:31 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

I use FC2 on a desktop. I tried the "save session" and "restore session"
and I basically got NOTHING back. Apparently "save session" is a way
for those things which are GNOME aware and which use some special
hooks to save some state. No? Anyway, I run Mozilla, Thunderbird,
Acrobat Reader, and terminal sessions. I run next to nothing else.
Not any of this saves anything, AFAICS.

Not all apps will work, but most do.  Firefox can be saved - I don't
know about Adobe Acrobat.

Hmm. "Most" do. I rarely just run Acrobat. I pull it up, look at sth,
and put it away. What I keep up all the time are Mozilla, Thundebird,
and terminals.

[snip]

So, it's not meant to save the state of your desktop.  It's to help you
get your desktop up and running without having to start up things
manually.

Ok.

In any case, it's a login thing, and I log in less than once a month.
To put it another way, I don't log out unless I have to shut down
due to a power failure. I treat this machine as a single user machine.
There are only three users who can log into my machine:

root
me
a friend of mine with no access (I did some consulting work
and never removed the user name)

Nobody logs in but me, and I do it every time I boot exactly
once.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.