Re: New lists

On Tuesday, May 01, 2007 9:24 AM +0800 John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know how much email I would eliminate by dropping email for
Centos < C4, but when I move to CentOS 5 I will lose interest in C4 and
then there will be savings.

How much mail is release-specific? I would guess such threads would be mostly about installation, so it might be better to split off a -install list. Traffic about getting drivers to work might also be redirected to such a list.

Runtime packages should be pretty common among all releases and might as well be in -users.

You might also consider reading the list with a news reader through gmane to avoid the download cost.