Re: CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia

first last wrote:
--- Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could this be a drive issue instead of a k3b issue? Does it play
dvd's
back at regular/expected speed or are they choppy. It could very well
be that if you're using the ata_piix module for the drive, that you
have to add some options to get it to perform properly. I had to do
this on my dell 9300 laptop under c5, but afterwards things move
pretty smoothly. Burning the c5 dvd takes about 2 minutes.
--

It is not a drive issue. The same drive in the same machine works
perfectly on Ubuntu 6.10 with K3B. It does not seem to have any

I guess I am gonna spend a whole evening doing tests and recording the
results (CPU, throughtput, etc).

Gabriel

Also make some tests using nerolinux demo, it works fully until it expires. If it crawls under nerolinux, then it is definitely a driver issue.