Re: CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia

first last wrote:
Hi,

I am having some issues with CentOS 5.

-XMMS stops playing MP3s without apparent reason. I leave it playing
some album and it will just stop whenever it feels like it. It will go
into "pause" and just stay there. Pressing on the pause button to
resume does nothing at all. I thought it could be some newly encoded
songs, but it does the same for a song that I have played 100% times.

AFAIK XMMS is not actively developed. Myself currently am using VLC (from rpmforge) and RealPlayer for playing DVDs and various media files and had no problems so far. However I am still checking CentOS 5. Also Noatun (http://noatun.kde.org) that comes with CentOS 5.0 KDE may also be a viable option.

-K3B takes 1:40 to create a DVD. Initially I thought it could be
because I was writing a DVD with 2GB files on and UDF extensions, but
creating the image first and then burning that takes exactly as long.

It must be a K3B thing, myself am using nerolinux and have no probs with it. In fact it goes faster than in my previous SL 4.x installation.