Re: Centos 5 -- Bind up and running

R Lists06 wrote:
Took a bit of review, but I got everything in good enough form to get
BIND going on the new system.

Hey, that is really great...

What was it that made it so terribly difficult?

Bind on centos is like a 15 minute job at most in my experience and that is
being overly cautious
Chroot was not set up right.

No named.conf. A named.conf in /etc though.

I ran the config-bind redhat program, and it created a named.conf, but still no sym link from the chroot/etc/named.conf to the /etc/named.conf.

Also the various defaults are each in a different config file, and that was not the case in whatever ver of Centos 4 that I first did the build.

So I had a long careful look at what they had, and what I had running and fixed the sym links and put it all together. I still realize that I better check it over carefully; make sure that non-recursion is working and so on.