linux dd on CentOS 5 x86

               Howdy,

I had to use a driver disk today to install CentOS 5 on a Poweredge 1900 /w a 3ware 9650SE controller card.

The only gotcha I noticed is that for some reason CentOS 5 will not read driver disk files off of a thumbdrive (usb key) when it is being emulated as auto, hard disk, or floppy disk. (it saw the thumb drive as SDA in all instances) however when I plugged in a USB floppy drive (the poweredge 1900 is sans floppy controller) it still saw the drive as SDA and it read the files off of the USB floppy disk.

My question, I suppose is what is the difference between a floppy emulated SDA and a USB floppy SDA?

Thanks,

-Drew