Re: Re: hi

sorry I should have said in my post that I am recovering from a brain injury for being in a helicopter fire fighting I try to work on it but mess up on it some times sorry ----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Silva" <ssilva@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <centos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:17 PM
Subject:  Re: hi

Dave spake the following on 4/24/2007 2:08 PM:
Hi I just joined I have a serer who's purpose life is to be a
fileserver/print server right now it is running windows 98 because it is
an older computer look at an alternate os such as this will this allow
windows based machines to talk to it save files retrieve files and also
how difficult is it to install.

First look at this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Then if all you want is a file/print server, it is fairly simple to set up.

Look for the samba howto to get a basic idea of what you want to accomplish.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and