Re: CentOS5 consistent media check failures 2 - 6.

William L. Maltby wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 05:00 +0200, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:

I had considered that and discarded it due to the statements by Joerg in
his docs about the problems with kernels >=2.5. BTW, I've since looked
at the logs and confirmed that kernel buffer errors (I think) occur and
get the kernel complaining about I/O errors on /dev/hdc (the drive I was
going to checksum the CDs on on CentOS). I'll give the dd a try with a
blksize of some multiple of 2K and see if that gives me a decent
checksum.

JS makes so many ridiculous statements that I find it hard to take him seriously. Recently, he's upset Debian enough (he changed the licence on cdr-tools) that Debian's forked cdrecord, SUSE is distributing another version (Debian's I suspect).

I may be mistaken, but I think the Linux Kernel Hackers know more about the Linux kernel than JS does.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait