Re: CentOS 5 x86: Missing features

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 00:02 +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

2) There isn't a "Run" option in the GNOME menus for running programs.

When Gnome and KDE were new, I used to think I would prefer Gnome for the long term, but back then used KDE because it was more stable.

More recently, I've avoided Gnome because it's constantly being dumbed down, removing useful features.

You can add it to a panel by right clicking the panel and selecting "Add
to Panel".  In the Add to Panel window, select "Run Application", and
click the Add button.

Perhaps not as nice as having it integrated into the Gnome menu, but
just as useful.

For me, it's not an option I would willingly countenance, I personally install & use too many Linux computers to feel inclined to go messing around getting them all just right. I start with what's closest.

A "run application" option's been in Windows since 3.1 or so that I recall; in Windows XP, _I_ the administrator get to choose whether it's available to our users, it's not Gates the Vendor who chooses. That's a better way to do it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait