Re: Odd pointer trouble

On Apr 18, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Alan Bunch wrote:

I have Centos 5 loaded and running virt-manager.

I setup a new VM and the install starts but my X cursor is not aligned with my "arrow" pointer. They also move at different rate. I am running cygwin X server on my PC.

Any guess ?

The same thing happens for me, and I just saw this in the RHEL5 release notes [*]:

"Paravirtualized domains can only auto-detect relative mouse movement, and pointer movement is rather erratic. This will be addressed in a future update of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5."

shouldn't be a big problem, I wouldn't think - I don't use the paravirtualized machine's console except in text mode when installing. You can always run X11 applications on the guest directly against your cygwin X11 server.

[*] http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/ release-notes/RELEASE-NOTES-x86_64-en.html

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>