Re: sendmail smrsh symlinks not working against php scripts

I am trying to forward the e-mails received to one address towards a php script.
I am trying all I can but nothing does.

I have edited my /etc/aliases file and added this line.
ecard-bounce: "|/usr/bin/php /etc/smrsh/ecardbounce.php"

Then, of course I do a 'newaliases'.
In my /etc/smrsh I have placed the symbolic link defined above, which has been created this way:
ln -s /home/my/scripts/ecardbounce.php /etc/smrsh/ecardbounce.php

Wouldn't smrsh need to include /usr/bin/php as well in its permitted subshell applications links in /etc/smrsh/? the object of the binary is not checked -- the binary is

Note: I do not pass on the security advisability of this act, just sendmail syntax

It has been a long time since I added items to the sendmail permitted applications list as it is a known scurity cesspool.

-- Russ Herrold

Hello, Russ.

Yes, the php link is there in /etc/smrsh, but it doesn't help.
To me it is like if the object of the binary (the parameter, or the script to execute) seems to also be checked, because if I put a file in the /etc/smrsh then it is executed properly.

Thanks anyway. Any other idea?
Daniel