Re: Fwd: Response from Canon - MultiPASS (KMM7153196V60774L0KM)

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:

That's an interesting point, but it's sad, too, because it makes Linux the limping straggler following behind the great M$ iron horse Window$. Or is there an alternative for Linux that does print photo-quality photo images?

How does it make Linux a "limping straggler" because some 3rd party device manufacturer doesn't actively write a driver? I would think that makes Canon the "limping straggler." My Minolta Magicolor 2450 has native Linux drivers (at least the last time I checked). I bought it after a series of HP inkjet and color laserjets failed in pretty short order. It works great!

HP products tend to have decent linux support too, but I've had a run of bad luck with their hardware so I don't buy from them anymore.

Cheers,