Re: Strange Question regarding CentOS 5 install

Lonny Selinger wrote:
Lonny Selinger wrote:

And yes I know I could just as easily create regular etx3 filesystems with
no
LVM2 stuff (no I'm not going to be adding more drives any time soon to my
laptop) but it would be nice to know it's possible. I was using LVM2 on my
last laptop and it was handy having the ability to grow and shrink some
filesystems.
This works, I think:
Attach to LAN.
On your desktop, in konsole:
xhost +
Boot laptop, using "DISPLAY=laptop:0" as a boot option, along with ks=
and whatever else takes your fancy.

You should also be able to do a VNC install. RTFM.

Thanks ... I was hoping for a simpler solution rather than a cludge type but
if nothing else surfaces I'll give it a shot.

I had occasion to install C2.1 the other day. vnc sure beats getting X to work on newish hardware!

I got a better screen that way too.

--

Cheers
John