Re: [Fwd: 4.92 beta update to centos5 proper words of caution]

On 4/14/07, Mark Weaver <mdw1982@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok... after finding this thread I was curious, so I followed a few of
the steps - skipped the part about removing all packages marked fc6
although I did id them and decided there were just too damn many to
bother removing them - installed the "el" centos-release packages and
then dropped out to a tty screen.

ran "yum -y update" and it went flawlessly. Upgraded my CentOS 5Beta2
workstation with no even a hiccup.

Good to know, and thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I wrote the steps
down really before I looked to see just how many .fc6 packages there
were. Apparently upstream left.... what was the term from the other
thread... a cubic buttload of them in there. All in all I'm glad the
advice worked for you, and thanks for following up to confirm that the
directions do in fact mostly work.

George Orwell