Re: kernel panic with OS update

Florin Andrei wrote:
I've a bunch of RHEL4 systems that were originally installed with RH 4.3 using dd - a "master" system was installed, then the hard-drive was copied verbatim using dd to all the new systems.

grub.conf looks fine

The master system and the target systems use identical hardware.

I believe the hard-drives are identical too, although I've been able to spot some tiny differences on the labels - like, the last number of the device type is different (out of a long string of numbers). I am not certain if that difference means there are any real differences in the geometry. The disks look otherwise identical.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/