Re: CentOS 4.5 ?

Benjamin Smith a écrit :
On Tuesday 03 April 2007, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
Is there some advantage to 4.5 over 5?
If you dont plan to update to something brand spanking new.. and you
want updates for what you do have.

Marginal at that - you can take a CentOS 4.0 CD and yum update to the very latest stuff with a single command. (I did this a few weeks ago when I didn't want to wait to download another ISO) Recommended? Not really - the new CentOS releases are so that you don't have to download 300 MB of updates after your initial install. Custom Install with no packages checked has CentOS 4.4 downloading 30 MB on the little sleeper server purring next to me to be "up to date".

or have an installer that support new hardware (ich8 ?), since RH generally update hardware support on update. for instance, the ich7 chipset support has been added in 3.7, that allow to install the distribution on hard drive !

Other interrest is Xen support as a dom-U, that will make easier upgrade to C5.

see http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3663126 for a small preview.

Pierre