Re: Re: software raid

Jeff Lasman wrote:
On Tuesday 03 April 2007 05:58 am, Les Mikesell wrote:

Yes, but there is still the issue of whether the drive will be
recognized at all when hotplugged.  Once the drive is assigned a
device name by the kernel you will be able to fdisk it.  You don't
need to mount  it because the md device will be mounted, not the disk
partitions.

Thanks, Les.

I see where I'm going to have to try this some day soon. All our systems with hotswap bays are in service; I'll try the experiment on the next one.

Usually the 'dmesg' command will show newly detected devices. I'm just not sure how it works with SATA.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx