Re: intel se7501wv2 interrupt problem?

Michael Best wrote:
I'm having some really odd issues with the networking on this old Intel se7501wv2

The network card onboard is an Intel Corporation 82546EB

I'm getting quite a lot of "[Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out" when I attempt to download updates on this machine.

Other machines on my network do not appear to be plagued with the same disconnect problems.

Not sure what kernel flags I should try, I've tried noht and noapic at the moment.

I've also tried setting the network card to half duplex to see if that helps. ethtool -s eth0 duplex half

I've got a pair of se7501wv2 kit servers, both dual xeon 2.8Ghz, never had a bit of problem with the networking on them. maybe yours has a bad cable, network port, or even the nic has gone partially flake-o on you?