Re: Centos 5 will have full NTFS read write support?

David G. Miller wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if NTFS was encumbered by some sort of Micro$oft intellectual property claim. This would be sufficient to cause Red Hat to not build their kernel with it even if all it takes to make it work is to enable the feature in the kernel build.

Debian's as paranoid as anyone, but it ships NTFS.

Additionally, I've never heard any claims regarding HPFS, and as I came to Linux from OS/2, I think I'd remember such. And, RH has never, to my recollection, shipped HPFS either.

See one of the many flame wars over MP3 or some other IP encumbered technology as to why RH won't include it (and risk getting sued).

Cheers,
Dave

--

Cheers