Re: Changed: Was: Re: Beta question - initial install of packages Now: Turn off unneeded services after installation

Amen. I have been installing Red Hat Linux (and now CentOS) since RH 7.
After installing, I am always astonished at the unneeded services that
upstream has running. Check services, after installing and stop the
services you do not need!

Any specific suggestions for relative newbies as to 1) how to list the services that are running and 2) which ones are generally good candidates to kill?

Thanks.

mhr