Re: NTP

Peter Gross wrote:
Mike wrote:

Greets!

Ok. I'm looking at a client that needs to keep their server time close as reasonably possible (within a minute) of the actual time of day. I've installed the RPM for NTP and I'm looking for tips on what the simplest setup should be, ie:
What server(s) should I be using for sync?
Should I just run it from a cron every 20 minutes or so?

CentOS 4.4 standard NTP install /etc/ntp.conf is set to use the following NTP servers:

server 0.pool.ntp.org
server 1.pool.ntp.org
server 2.pool.ntp.org

I do wish it would prefer the time server offered by DHCP:-( I'd rather sync one computer over the Internet, and the rest off my local network.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait