Re: Any compelling reasons to upgrade to 5

Preston Crawford wrote:
Thanks. I'll probably stick with 4, then. CentOS's (and thus the "upstream
provider") support cycle has spoiled my wife, once used to the machine
being reinstalled every six months. I was talking about maybe going to
SATA and using that as an excuse to do a smooth upgrade (install to the
SATA drive and keep my old install on the IDE drives and slowly move
config and files over) and she said she liked it the way it was.
Enterprise software means even at home, the support cycle is appreciated.
The wife likes it how it is. So it stays. :)

Egads, is nothing sacred? Next thing you know, she'll insist you put the toilet seat back down and replace your copy of Dr. Dobbs Journal with Good Housekeeping. :)

I'm going to leave my machines at 4.4 for a while and see how things shake out with 5.

Cheers,