Re: Centos 4.92

John Summerfield wrote:

Download to a directory exported with NFS, burn the first one and boot with 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, pick 'nfs image' as the method and fill in the host/path information. The install does all the magic of loopback mounting the iso images for you and will switch atomatically when needed. Once it is started you can let it run unattended.

I much prefer http installs, and my kickstart scripts have evolved to expect it.

Unless I've missed something, that involves extra work and doesn't do anything better. With NFS all there is to adding a new version of fedora/centos/k12ltsp is downloading the isos in their own directory under the nfs export and burning the first or the boot image from it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx