Re: Will Firefox 2.X be included/supported in CentOS 5?

Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David G. Miller wrote:
> Alfred von Campe <alfred@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >I know this mostly depends on what is/will be done upstream, but with > >the recent announcement that Firefox 1.5.X will only receive updates > >until April 24, 2007, is Firefox 2.X in CentOS' future?
> >
> >Alfred
> As of beta 2 the answer seems to be "no":

Which beta2?
Ralph
I'm running CentOS 5 beta 2 on a test box. You can find the links to the current beta ISOs, release notes, etc. on the CentOS main web page (the i386 and x86_54 ISOs are under http://beta.centos.org/centos/4.92/isos/). The estimate was for CentOS to trail RHEL 5 by about two weeks. This implies that we should see a production release of CentOS fairly soon but feel free to give the beta a whirl if you want. I'm currently running FC6 and CentOS 4.4 on different boxes for hardware support so I'm trying to get a jump on moving to only running CentOS 5 and not having to chase the latest Fedora version.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce