Re: SATA RAID card recommendation?

Justin Cataldo wrote:
Some of these might be worth looking at:

Only the Areca line of boards have onboard memory to use as a write cache and most of those featured are overkill for a 1U box.

If you are going to go for an Areca, you might as well get the 3ware since 3ware drivers are already in the kernel whereas Areca is still working on theirs.

http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sata_raid_controllers/

JC

On 3/21/07, Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Florin Andrei wrote:
> Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>>
>> Erm, how many spindles can you fit in that 1U?  4 is the most I've
seen.

> Yup, 4 disks. 2 for OS, 2 for DB. RAID1

Well then may I suggest using the motherboard provided disk connectors
and then getting yourself a BBU NVRAM or DDR RAM board to use as an
external journal?

What kind of box is this? The motherboard may already come with a BBU
write cache for all we know.