Re: Re: centos 4.4 dns problem -

Tony Mountifield wrote:
In article <460139E4.4050505@xxxxxxxxx>,
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
but there may be a problem here:
service named status
rndc: connect failed: connection refused
By the way, a 'yum update' might fix the rndc problem. I thought there was some issue with the key generation that only affects communication between named and its control program. Normal operation should work anyway.

"connection refused" most likely means named is not running, and that it
hasn't actually got as far as trying to use the key.

Cheers
Tony
Yes that was the problem, I can start named and service named status
shows it running, that's  ok but when I make the 127.0.0.1 entry in
/etc/resolv.conf I get -

dig centos.org
dig: couldn't get address for '127.0.0.1': not found

This is stuff that works for me in FC6 so apparently there are
other things to deal with in Centos?

Bob