Re: phpMyAdmin high Memory usage

well, it's sort of a php/mysql question, but you hit it on the head when noting your php memory settings.

those will impact the tool's performance, if you have a spare machine, you can perhaps do a comparison.....

-krb

Matthew Martz wrote:

I installed phpMyAdmin on CentOS 4.4.

When accessing phpMyAdmin the memory usage jumps.  Memory usage for http
jumps to 700MB spawning 4-5 httpd processes (about 3GB of ram).  Mysql
also jumps to using close to 600MB in some cases

This is a Daul Dual core Xeon 3GHz machine with 4 GB of 667Mhz ram.

Should I be seeing this spike in Memory usage?  The spikes only last about
5 seconds but my manager doesn't want to see those jumps.

The databases appear to be about 450MB-600MB.

On a side note I had a requirement from the dev group here to set php to a
maximum memory usage of 1GB due to the large files that are being parsed
via a web page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!