What's the best way to convert a whole set of file systems?

I am currently running a Windows XP system at home with around 100+ Mb in use over ~400Mb of NTFS file systems.  I am installing CentOS 4.4 on it when I change out the mobo/cpu/mem/video combo I just bought.  I want to convert all the file systems to (probably) Reiserfs or maybe ext3, but I need to do them one at a time because I only have enough transfer space to accommodate the largest one, or at least that’s my belief.  That would mean at least two copies per partition converted, and I have six partitions to convert, from ~14Gb to over 85Gb (in one, only – the rest are 30Gb or smaller).

1)       Is there a good way to do whole fs conversions, specifically from NTFS to reiserfs or ext3?

2)       Do I even need to do this (i.e., do any of the CentOS/Linux kernels support read AND write to NTFS)?

3)       Is there, by any chance, and in-place converter from NTFS to any Linux fs, preferably reiserfs or ext3?

Also, the last time I installed CentOS on a system (I’ve done about six or seven so far) I don’t remember seeing reiserfs as one of the supported fs’s for configuring during the installation process – am I blind or is this really the case?  I like reiserfs primarily because it is really good with many small files, and I have tons of them – around 100k files under 10k.

Thanks.

mhr