Re: centos beta 5 right click on desktop

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 at 3:49am, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote

What (if
any) is the rationale for the desktop menu NOT being
user-configurable?  Why shouldn't I be able to put anything
in there I like?

Talk to the gnome folks...

Well, too bad that the upstream `prominent North American vendor' is not
providing with alternate WMs like: FVWM, blackbox, fluxbox, openbox. In those
ones, you can do whatever you want with the menu.

Both KDE and XFCE offer more flexibility than gnome. At least, that's what I hear. FVWM is the first thing I add to my centos installs.

The KDE menu is still editable. Right click on the "K", select Menu Editor and go to work.