Re: Re: LDAP Server configs

centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:13:00 +0900
John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The means that you need to learn to use google to find how to do
things. Google is faster than any mailing list, and will usually
turn up better answers.

Let me translate your answer:

This mailing list is useless and should not be used.

Where does it say on the announcement email when I joined, that
this mailing list should not be used to ask question, and we
should drop it in favour of Google?

No. Think courtesy, a thing you illustrated you don't understand when you replied off-list.

Basically, you ask for help only after you've made a decent effort yourself. Ask google about netiquette and about asking good questions, Eric Raymond aka ESR has a useful treatise on the topic.

We are not your servant, let alone your slaves, and some of us get very testy when people presume too much.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait