Re: Change of server

John Summerfield wrote:

Didn't I say something about this a few days ago?

"Crossposting" is generally used to mean "send the same message to several fora."

I first encountered it back before spammers had taken over usenet, where sometimes people would send the same message to two or more news groups, and it was done so in the addressing.

Sometimes, crossposting to different groups was appropriate, and I did so to draw attention to my OS/2 support website (I think googlisn.com still remembers me from those days).

Asking the same question, perhaps with rephrasing, in different fora is a different matter. In Juca's case, if his English is as good as yours, I can well imagine that he'd ask the question on the spanish list hoping for a clear reply, but also asking it here in English thinking that, as there are more people here, he's more likely to get a reply, even if he understands it less well.

I think that a fair and reasonable use of the available fora, and in his place, I'd resent your intrusion.

I agree. crossposting is now less an issue that it once was.

Now, if only I inderstood what he means by "dark disc."

probably a typo for "hard disk". next time I'll have a problem with a disk, I know how to call it:)