Re: How do I debug the kernel?

There may be, I just don't know the specics.  I know IBM at one point
was working on something called dprobes, and there have been other
things like it proposed and worked on to some degree:

  http://directory.fsf.org/all/DynamicProbes.html

Hope that helps...james

On 3/6/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhull-richter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought there was a way to debug the kernel live on its own machine,
as long as you have more than one processor (we do) and you don't set a
breakpoint in synchronization code.