Re: Storage/SCSI Error on our CentOS server

Hairul Ikmal Mohamad Fuzi wrote:
Just another follow up, after we swapped the SCSI host adapter, the
storage seems to be working fine (no more read/write,access/mount
error).

But after a while (e.g : once or twice a in 2 days), eventhough it is
working fine, we still got some error messages, which we guess is
somehow similar to messages in the previous posts.

We do not know how critical is this,but maybe you guys could give
valuable advise or inputs (either we should also change the cables as
well,etc).

well, out of all that state dump, what seems to be important is...

scsi5: Transmission error detected

again, as before, this can be the SCSI card, the cabling, or the target device. It even could be a crappy terminator.

if your disk system is running at ultra320 speeds, you might go into the controller BIOS, and set all targets for max 80M transfer/sec, which is ultra160 speeds, and see if the errors persist. I've run into several SCSI backplanes that are marginal at 160M xfer/sec (U320 speeds), but work fine at U160 speeds.