Re: virtualizing Windows in Cetnos

On 2/27/07, William Warren <hescominsoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is what i am looking to do.  i have a server SBS 2k3 machine.  I
want to load linux on it then virtualize the SBS server inside the linux
installation.  I would then be able to compress backup just the sbs
virtual file instead of screwing with the backup programs inside of
windows(even symantec's and yosemitie's stuff leaves much to be
desired).  What are my options both free and commercial?  I know i will
have to upgrade the memory to about 2 gigabytes..:)

Assuming you don't have the spiffy new intel processors with the
virtualisation junk built in, vmware-server should do a reasonable job
of this. It's got some very nice cli managment, and you can tune the
linux box to be a bit more responsive with respect to the vmware
handling.

George Orwell