Changed: Digital Audio (Jay Leafey) - Was: Jumping from FC2

Message: 17
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:32:04 -0600
From: Jay Leafey <jay.leafey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Jumping from FC

>I may be wrong, but I think this has more to do with the CD player
>application you are using rather than the kernel.

You are correct! I didn't know that before, but, I know it now!  :-)

>I later started using xmms instead because it DOES do digital audio
>using just the IDE cable.

A big thank you! Of the various audio players installed, xmms is the
only one not intuitively obvious to me. I spent a few minutes this
morning and I got it to work!  :-)

Now, if I can find an RPM for the xmms Output Plugin for MP3 that works
in CentOS 4.4, that will enable me to convert selected tracks to mp3 and
use them in my cell phone.

>Hope that helps!

It did!  :-)   Thanks much!