Re: USB flash drive stopped working properly....

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
This past Tuesday (2/22/07) my flash drive started acting really strange
- it only worked intermittently and would disappear right after an
access or two.  Yesterday it stopped working altogether - I couldn't
even access it through my WinXP-on-VMWare.  I rebooted my machine, and
it worked fine after that.

Is there some time limit on how long a USB flash drive will work in
CentOS or is this a bug or ? ? ?

I'm running a Dell Precision 390 with a Pentium-4 HT 3GHz, 2Gb mem, 1
SATA 150Gb (?) drive, multiple USB ports (including KB&mouse), etc.,
using CentOS 4.4 with the 2.6.9-42.0.8 kernel.

The flash drive is a 2Gb SanDisk Titanium Cruzer-mini.

Thanks.

Hmmm, this might be similar to my issue. I have 2 USB keys, one mounts okay, 256MB SanDisk SD card in an adapter), the other (SanDisk Cruzer mini 256MB) gets funky, won't automatically mount. But when I manually mount it, the automount part finally works. Last week I posted a message (with no replies) about the Cruzer not being able to mount at all. The only change this time was I ran (in Windows) Scandisk.on the Cruzer. Still not quite right, though.
	And my box is a Precision 530...

--
--- David Woyciesjes
--- ITS Help Desk Support Technician