postfix vurtual user

Hi,

Sory to bother you with my new-user questions.
i've got one redhat 9 box, acting as email server using sendmail. it
use local /etc/passwd.

last week i've just finished setting up a server, centos 4.4 as a
replacement mail server for the red hat 9.
i mainly refereing the tutorial at
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_users_postfix_courier_mailscanner_clamav_centos.

with some modification, it's now working. i installed postfixadmin as
it have freindly interface, because, beside me, other admin does not
feel comfortable inserting the data through dump black and white
command prompt.

there is 2 problems:

1. what should i do so that the user does not have to fill thier full
email address (user@xxxxxxxxxxx) at the login page of squirellmail.
it's moreindly to just put "user" as they used before.

2. how do i convert all the previous email to the new mailbox format.

anyone have had an experience doing this?
please help me. thanks.