Re: Re: [Semi-OT] Advice on large webmail setup

John Summerfield wrote:
Scott Silva wrote:

I have heard some promising things about JFS, but even though Big Blue is
behind it, it is also fairly immature.

jfs originated in AIX and it's been there for many years.

IBM ported it to OS/2 back when I was primarily an OS/2 user (prior to RHL 5.0). It's been around for a very long time.

However, use of any filesystem not supported by your vendor (and essentially that's Red Hat here) has its risks, and the maintenance task is all yours.

JFS appears to receive rather few changes/patches. It would appear to be pretty stable with the second best performance in just about every category in benchmarks. However, the question is whether the lack of bug reports is due to lack of wide spread usage or whether it is really stable code.