Re: Prepping for system wipe & reload

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
	Here's the checklist I have so far:
1 - /home partition - separate drive
2 - Files copied to the second drive:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
rpm for RPM forge
/etc/yum - entire folder
/etc/yum/repos.d - entire folder
/etc/yum.conf
/etc/yumex.conf
/etc/yumex.profiles.conf
3 - Files installed via Yum(ex) - Hmmm, need to figure this one out. Any pointers?

Sounds like the rpm --setugids didn't work?

	May have, but something is still funky with the user profiles.

Did you have any /usr/local applications installed?

	Nope. Just stuff via yumex.

You can use rpm --verify along with it's options to find config files
that have been modified from their defaults and copy those over.

	That I'm not too terribly worried about.

The next install should set all the /etc/X11 stuff for you, no need to
copy it.

Well I have a nVidia Quadro2 Pro AGP, and a Matrox MilleniumII PCI for my dual head setup. It took a little fiddling to get the resolution settings I wanted, so this will save time. :)

You only really need the rpmforge repo def in /etc/yum.repos.d unless
you have a lot of excludes defined in yum.conf.

	Okay. Thanks.

Overall, with all things considered, a wipe is probably the best course of action. Good thing I had /home on a separate partition(well, drive).
--
--- David Woyciesjes