Re: reboot long uptimes?

I was just wondering if I should reboot some servers that are running over 180 days?

They are still stable and have no problems, also top shows no zombie processes or such, but maybe it's better for the hardware (like ext3 disk checks f.e.) to reboot every six months...

btw this uptime really confirms me how stable Centos 4.x really is and so I wonder how long some people's uptimes on the list are ;)

personally no - i never reboot unless i have to and i have some linux boxes running 4 years uptime or more.

gotcha though: be careful to tune the fs to not automagically fsck the filesystem on boot. When you have a large fileserver or mail store that even a scheduled reboot can cause hours of downtime as it runs its 'required' fsck!