Re: Intel 3000 and 5000 chipsets?

On Feb 9, 2007, at 7:08 PM, Alfred von Campe wrote:

On Feb 9, 2007, at 19:04, William Dinkel wrote:

Thankfully the e1000 RPM makes a backup of any existing e1000.ko files, and will return to the original module upon removal of the e1000 RPM.  Just make sure you remove the e1000 RPM before you start playing with the kernel RPMs and things should be fine.  Rebuilding e1000 for a different kernel is as easy as running rpmbuild again.

Excellent, thanks for the information.  I will definitely try this out next week.  One follow up question.  How do you specify what kernel version you want to build against/install into when executing the rpmbuild?  I assume that the default is the running kernel?

It should build modules for all subversions of the currently running kernel (up, smp, hugemem, etc.).  Unfortunately, I don't see a provision in the spec file for passing a different kernel version to rpmbuild on the command line.

William Dinkel
Chief Technology Officer
Team HPC
1-866-TEAMHPC