Re: mod_perl and httpd2

Peter Serwe wrote:
I've got httpd and mod_perl installed, but I seem to have an
application that requires part of mod_perl that doesn't seem
to be properly installed into perl, notably, the 'Apache' portion.

To 'fix' this, cpan would like to install either mod_perl-1.29,
or alternatively to install mod_perl-2.0.2.  1.29 doesn't seem
smart, and 2.0.2 absolutely will not install over the top of 1.99-16.

In case it is RT you are trying to install, the RPM-packaged version described here:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
includes a packaged, working modperl2. If it isn't RT, you might still be able to get what you need from that repository. There are some confusing comments down the (wiki) page about updating httpd and modperl separately, but you don't have to do that if you are using this packaged version.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx