Re: Named Troubles

On 2/7/07, Matt <lm7812@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did a CentOS 4.4 fresh server install.  Using it to run Squid.
Named is also running but I get this error.

[root@sj ~]# /etc/init.d/named status
rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of
the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect,
or the key is invalid.
[root@sj ~]# /etc/init.d/named restart
Stopping named:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
[root@sj ~]#

All I want it a caching DNS server for Squid and a few hundred
computers to use.  Is this error going to be an issue?  If so, how do
I fix it?

Check the key (to include the key name) defined in  /etc/named.conf
and make sure it's the same as the key in /etc/rndc.key. This is a
known update issue with bind on centos and upstream.

George Orwell