Re: vsftp

On 2/5/07, John Hinton <webmaster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm having an odd behavior with vsftp on all CentOS 4 servers... maybe 3
too, but I'm not on those much.

I am transferring in port mode as I've never managed to get passive to
work with a firewall running.

THat is normally that the passive kernel module is not installed and
the RELATED, ESTABLISHED line is not high up in your firewall

Anyway, this is what happens.

During normal transfers with few files.. it works perfectly.

During the transfer of like a large website with hundreds of files in
various directories, from a fast connection, vsftp stalls out with a
high degree of consistency. I thought this was happening only when I was
doing this locally through the intranet, but I have now discovered our
outside users are having the same problem when they are on a hi speed
connection.

I would turn on debugging via the man page and see if it starts
logging anything.. then look in /var/log/messages etc or see where
vsftpd is stuck via top

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks,
John Hinton