KDE oops

I realize this may technically be "off topic", but I have made all the icons on my KDE desktop disappear. It is something in the KDE setup in my /home/tmiller/... setup, as my wife's icons work fine. It is probably the result of something I deleted or moved in moving my home directory from Mandriva 2006 to Centos 4. The files are all in /home/tmiller/Desktop, but they don't show up on the desktop. Neither do the device icons, or any other icons. I have the Configure-Desktop -> Behavior -> General -> Show icons on desktop box checked, but the don't show. I hope someone will recognize my problem and be able to help me with 10 seconds of typing. If no one knows what I have done I will quietly go looking for a KDE forum or mailing list to plead my case in.

Ted Miller
Indiana