Re: LVM on large partitions greater than 2TB

Good point, but I did this do to a section in the LVM Howto indicating
that a whole disk PV (as apposed to a partition spanning a whole disk)
was not recommended.  The reasoning seems to be that other OS
applications that aren't LVM aware will see the disk as unused and
will potentially corrupt the LVM data.

On 2/5/07, Morten Torstensen <morten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> # parted /dev/sdb
> (parted) mklabel gpt
> (parted) mkpart primary 0 2.5T
> (parted) quit
>
> # pvcreate /dev/sdb1

You can also skip the first part and do:

# pvcreate /dev/sdb

You don't really need partitions. If you will use the entire disk for
one single VG, then just use the entire disk :)

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten@xxxxxxxxxxx

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.