Re: Centos 4.0 updates repo & local repository creation

I used Centos 4.0 iso to setup my systems and updated till date. I
assume they are equivalent to systems created with Centos 4.4

That's how it works, yes.

Please advise what directories I should download for my local
repository, as the download tree has updates, extras, centosplus repos
for 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4. & 4.4 & so on. Please advise the appropriate
rsync commands, so that I can use it, so as to exclude isos and
include the rest.

Rsync commands depend on the mirror to some extent. The general way to
mirror would be 'rsync -azvH remote-mirror.org::somelocation/.
/some/local/dir/'

If you actually look at the mirrors, you'll notice that 4.1, 4.2, etc
are all empty. See -> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-4/4.2/readme

It's generally best to use 4/ instead of 4.1 etc, as 4/ will always
point to the current release.

A smal comment on how the repos relate to version numbers would be
really appreciated.

As in the readme linked to above. 4 represents the major version
(there's only centos 4, not centos 4.0, 4.1 etc) and the .X number
represents the minor version, which corresponds to the upstream
vendor's quarterly updates.

With best regards.
Sanjay.

George Orwell