Re: Unablce to open VNC

Todd Cary wrote:
Theo -

That did it!!  Many thanks.

By the way, after opening the VNC window and leaving, when I go to the server, the Network Alert icon is no longer there. It is probably due to my saying Yes when I came up in VNCviewer and it asked if wanted to delete an applet (I think it was an applet).

Would you know if any damage has been done and how I can restore the function that checks to see if I need to do an update?

You need to keep your system up-to-date. I prefer to do that automatically with yum (chkconfig yum on;service yum start). The applet is not needed and even annoying if you do automatic updates. When manually updating, it might be handy for a single system.

To start it again:
rhn-applet-gui

Theo